… and hopefully for the last time.
Police officials produced the witness, a female that remains unidentified, at a 2:30 news conference. New Orleans District Attorney Eddie Jordan on Tuesday dropped murder charges against Michael Anderson, 20, saying prosecutors couldn’t find the witness.
A part of the mayor’s statement reads:
This pattern from the District Attorney’s Office is unacceptable and must improve immediately or I will ask the Attorney General to conduct a full investigation into this office … I applaud Chief Riley and the officers of NOPD for their tireless and expeditious work in bringing this witness forth.
Don’t let the Mayor and DA get the slip on this one. If you live in New Orleans, contact all crucial city officials telling them that DA Eddie Jordan’s absolute scorn for responsible prosecution is unacceptable. He has let the two most wanted murderers in New Orleans walk due to an unwillingness to cooperate with other law enforcement agencies. How long will and can New Orleans take this? Until we lose another Dinerral Shavers or Helen Hill? By then, it will be too late. Eddie Jordan has got to go!
* Member At-Large Oliver Thomas: 504-658-1070 email@example.com
* Member At-Large Arnie Fielkow: 504-658-1060 firstname.lastname@example.org
* Member District A Shelley Midura: 504-658-1010 email@example.com
* Member District B Stacy Head: 504-658-1020 firstname.lastname@example.org
* Member District C James Carter: 504-658-1030 email@example.com
* Member District D Cynthia Hedge-Morrell: 504-658-1040 firstname.lastname@example.org
* Member District E Cynthia Willard-Lewis: 504-658-1050 email@example.com
La. Attorney General Charles Foti
updated with more legislative and press contact information as I find it